Like all software, your website requires updates for function and security. Your site is composed of a WordPress core and a number of software extensions (plugins). Minor updates on part of your website will typically come in several times a month. Some are handled automatically; most require manual selection and initiation.
Please note that we check site security when we are working on a site, and install reasonable safety measures. It is not possible, however, to guarantee that a site will never be hacked. That’s what backups are for.
Software updates can be done in three different ways to meet different client needs.
- Clients can do their own updates, and call us with questions.
- We can do software updates and site checks while working on site content.
- We can handle all software updates and monitor the site for issues.
(Website Monitoring and Software Update Package)
In all cases, a discount is available to 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
If you anticipate having us maintain the site for content or design updates every month or so, we can do the software and security updates at the same time.
This service is available for WordPress sites that we have developed or others with a standard WordPress structure that is reasonably up-to-date.
Packages are billed twice a year.
- Software updates shortly after they are released
- Ongoing Security checks / updates / adjustments
- Maintenance of an offsite full recent backup
- Regular uptime monitoring
- Hosting and Domain account monitoring
- Content addition or development will be done at a 10% discount off of our usual rate; nonprofits will receive their normal discount off our standard rate.